Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

P1120 code, I've replaced the sensor. How do I do that? The

Customer Question

P1120 code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I've replaced the sensor.
How do I do that? The readings are good
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 Taurus
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replace the sensor but the check engine light is still on and that was the code
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I've been doing other work on the car because my brake lights aren't working I replace the brake light switch and the neutral safety switch butt no luck with the brake lights also replaced fuses and light bulbs
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 11 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, please allow me a few moments to look that information up for your vehicle. thank you

It sounds like a bad wire or connector between the TP sensor and the ford computer.

First thing to do is to allow the engine to idle and start wiggling the wires at the TP sensor first slowly up and down and around and listen for any changes in rpm from the engine or any clicking sounds. Continue to do this working down from the tp sensor all the way back to the ford computer. Pay particular attention around the top of the transmission area. I've seen many times where the wire harness will rub against the trans pan area. Move the wiring around to be able to see all areas of the wires for any signs of wear or exposed wires. It works best to move the wires slowly.

Also remove the connector at the tp sensor and see if the pins are pushing out or spread apart.

It almost certainly has to be a wiring issue. TP's from ford don't fail that much.

Of course if you find anything in the wiring repair as needed.

Let me know what you find. Come back to this same post for more help if needed.

just checking in to see how its going.....