Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have an electrical problem with my car. The car has no

Customer Question

I have an electrical problem with my car. The car has no problems while driving, but when I turn off the engine, remove the key, all electrical is gone. I can't lock the doors, no lights, etc.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I forgot, after a few minutes it will be alright. And things will come back on and it will start just fine. I originally thought my key FOB battery was dying, until I was close to the car and saw that it had not power, and was not the key FOB.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why would you need the VIN?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

I can check a lot of things when I have the VIN. TSB's, recalls, and I can look up parts ets..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, I don't have that info handy at the moment.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

NO problem. Just post back when you do have it handy