Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Alvin; On the website there was a question posited by a

Customer Question

Hello Alvin; On the website there was a question posited by a women with a 2009 Ford Edge with a possible dimmer problem or an issue with the SJB. Did you get any feedback from her regarding her fix? My 2009 Ford Edge is doing the exact same thing.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I was hoping to fix this myself as I just bought the car on Saturday and this happened to me yesterday. Cashflow?? When I jiggled the light switch and switched to manual on the lights and radio worked again. But when this switch is set to automatic there appears to be a problem.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The radio lights, radio power, and the odometer readout lights
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The lights do appear Dimmer than they should be.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can you go into more detail on all of your vehicle concerns. I would rather help you based on your vehicle rather than on another just in case a test result differs.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Moose; I did give some pretty specific details in the last message did you not get this?

Here is what I got on your vehicle.

Yes I was hoping to fix this myself as I just bought the car on Saturday and this happened to me yesterday. Cashflow?? When I jiggled the light switch and switched to manual on the lights and radio worked again. But when this switch is set to automatic there appears to be a problem. The radio lights, radio power, and the odometer readout lights. The lights do appear Dimmer than they should be.

Is the concern the radio is inoperable or just the illumination lights on it?

Is the concern with the odometer just the brightness?

When having these issues with the headlights on manually or in auto does the dimmer switch have any effect?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The concern is the loss of power to these items.
I don't have these issues while on manual just automatic. As this was an Intermittent problem I will have to spend some time in the car with the lights set to automatic and when the problem happens again I will check the dimmer switch.

Do you want to check on it for a while prior to me getting into diagnosing and answering?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris