Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My radio and Windows has constant pow even with ignition

Customer Question
off. All doors are working...
My radio and Windows has constant pow even with ignition off. All doors are working properly along with dome light
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/29/2016
Ford Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have a test light? I will be asking you to remove the master power window switch so you can do some testing. Is that something you are capable of?

If you just remove the accessory delay relay do the power windows still work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they do

It is most likely that you have a short to positive in you feed wire. It is also possible that the underhood fuse box is shorted internally.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I check that

OK. Lets try something first. Remove circuit breaker 47 from the underhood box and tell me if the windows still work

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I found the problem when I was changing my door speakers.

Ok. That is great news. Dont forget to leave a rating for the service you received here. Let us know if you need anything in the future.

Tool Hut
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician