Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2003 Ford Windstar Battery went dead, it was difficult to

Customer Question
2003 Ford Windstar Battery went dead...
2003 Ford Windstar
Battery went dead, it was difficult to jump
I got the car jumped successfully
However the radio, the keyless entry system, and the power side sliding doors no longer function
Now that the batteries been replaced and the fuses have been checked still no operation of those items
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/28/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you own a volt meter so we can check the radio circuits at the back of the radio?

Have you tried the sliding door initialization? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/initi.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
reprogramming the doors had no effect.
I am physically disabled and cannot access the back of the radio at this moment. Tell me what the readings should be what else I can do until I can get those readings.

Someone that was physically able to check the radio would verify the radio is getting battery voltage on the power wires and verify the ground wires had no resistance. What they would be looking for is a confirmation that the radio is getting all it needs to work to determine if the concern was within the radio itself or the circuits to it. The next steps would be doing a bunch of electrical diagnostics to determine why the PSDs and keyless entry are not working. If you feel like you could do tests of that nature I am more than willing to forward those to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Absolutely, please forward to me the instructions. However it may take me a few days to check does that matter timewise for this case to be open?
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician