Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a ford box truck with a 4.5 liter diesel

Customer Question
(international) JA: How old is the...
I have a ford box truck with a 4.5 liter diesel (international)
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: the truck is new to us its an 06. The truck runs fine until it warms up.
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: 550
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken it to a diesel shop and had the injector/oil pump replaced
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it will start over and over again when it is cold, when it gets warm a code for low oil pressure comes on and it will not start without a shot of ether the mechanic is unsure of what may cause this and so am I
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** this a low cab forward, LCF?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is a cab over box truck
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is a low cab forward truck

Do you remeber if the code was P2291? Or do you have the code?

If it is, the most likely cause is the block off plug orings leaking high pressure oil when hot causing a long crank or no start. Removing the valve covers is all the needs to be done to access these. We do a air pressure test and listen for air leaking on the high pressure oil system to see exactly what is leaking first. The possibilities are block off plugs, injectors, stand pipe, branch tube, IPR valve and HP oil pump. Any of these that leaks high pressure oil can cause a hard start no start. The block off plug orings are usually the cause on these trucks.

Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician