Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 f550 6.0 diesel doesn't start after it gets hot, If you

Customer Question

2005 f550 6.0 diesel doesn't start after it gets hot, If you wait 20-30 min it will start agin.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Engin cranks, does not fire
JA: What is the model of your '05 Ford?
Customer: f 550
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new ipr valve, ipc senser, new dummy plugs, o rings and riser tubs, oil change with 15w40 and the correct filter, high pressure oil pump is with in 100psi of desired psi
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Once at operating temp, shut it off. Monitor the ICP pressure while cranking when it will not start, what is the pressure reading?

Any codes stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has had the low ipc code

Thanks, ***** ***** operating temp, shut it off. Monitor the ICP pressure while cranking when it will not start, what is the pressure reading?

Do you know the code number your getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p2285 is the code, it had 196 before I changed the ipr valve when it wouldn't start, before I shut it off it had 600psi at an idle and 2000psi at 3000rpm

Thanks, after you changed the IPR can you tell me what the ICP pressure reading is now when your trying to start it and it will only crank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was using a friends scanner and I don't have it right now to check that, the starter also died so it now has a new one and turns over much faster than before, waiting only 20 min doesn't seem like it would be enuff time to cool anything for a leak to somewhat seal so it will start

This is the most important test for the scenario your experiencing. So if you can get your hands back on that tool it would help alot. For now you can work on the diag steps for the code your getting shown below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/2285.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris