Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford Taurus 2004 air condition stop this afternoon, the

Customer Question
blower is still blowing no...
Ford Taurus 2004 air condition stop this afternoon, the blower is still blowing no cool air, it was check out in the spring and it was fine. It does not sound like a compressor, I hope not.
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: yes, possible a leak, taking for a diagnostic check in the morning.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, just getting off from work, but I did check the coolant fluid,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the clutch do kick in for the air, no noise and the a/c blower is blowing out, but no cool air
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/26/2016
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Are the lines cold leading to the evaporator when the ac is on?

The charge could be low due to a leak in the system.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
would I be able to see the leak if there was a leak

No you would not be able to see the leak

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
other than a possible leak, what else could it be

Could be a blend door problem. Could also be a pressure problem in the system, you would need a set of ac gauges to diagnose. Could be a compressor problem or a restriction in the system.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks

Dan, ASE Certified Technician