Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Any information you may offer is gladly appreciated and I am

Customer Question

any information you may offer is gladly appreciated and I am willing to try what ever you suggest.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I would like to assist you with your vehicle. What exactly is going on with the truck? Does it crank over and not start or does it run rough?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It suddenly died and would not start. Had it towed and distributor replaced as they said it was module on distributor that was bad. It started and ran for a short time and died again. Finally got it started again and the tach went crazy jumping back and forth. When you put it in gear and try to move it dies.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It seems to be some type of electrical problem I think but not just sure what. Up until it died it was running Great.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Ok, thank you for that information. So does the engine currently crank and not start or does it now start up and stall out?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It will start and stall out
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Will the engine remain running if you press on the gas pedal a bit before it stalls out?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as long as you don't put it in gear and try to move it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
while it is running the tach is jumping back and forth like crazy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

This is going to be a fuel delivery concern. Have you checked the MAF or MAP sensor? Air intake snorkle is not ripped or cracked correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why would the tach jump like that if it were fuel? No rips or cracks in snorkel. Checked map sensor...not sure about MAF sensor?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

What about the fuel pressure regulator? Did you check to be sure it is not leaking?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Checked all the fuel lines and fuel pump it is getting fuel and there are no leaks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fuel filter is clean as well
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

What is the fuel pressure at?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not sure it has been a week or so since it was tested and I don't have that paperwork to verify the pressure
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Does the fuel pressure hold steady with the engine off?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it holds
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am going to have to get ready for work and leave this site....it seems I will just have to go trial and error on my own as the things you are asking are all things I have already done...with no results....thank you for your time
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Ok, please get me the fuel pressure specs so we can continue