Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Surprised to see a chat. huh. well, I'm trying to replace my

Customer Question
Hi, surprised to see a...
Hi, surprised to see a chat. huh. well, I'm trying to replace my thermostat housing, and the bolt near the timing belt cover is hard to get in. I was thinking of removing the big screw in the middle to move the timing cover over a bit. can I do that? I don't know exactly what is behind it, which is why I'm looking at the diagrams.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: why minimize?
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: Yes, I have. the mechanic put it in not too long ago. it's fairly fresh. I just need to move the cover over a half an inch to the right so I can get the thermostat housing bolt in.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1994 mazda b2300 , basically a ford ranger
JA: What year is your Ranger?
Customer: I would remove the big screw, but I'm afraid it might be holding something else, but the diagram seems to show that it's just a screw. Just making sure before I go in and make a big blunder.
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well, I've got the left bolt in, and all I need is to put the right bolt in, and the timing belt cover is in the way. and, yes, I'm fixing it myself. I understand what I need to do, but I want to make sure I don't make it worse.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: umm, is this like a pay thing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Ok, if you don't have an O'Rileys, Autozone, Advance, Discount then you are looking for one like this

Click here

Might ask "Lees" how they expect you to use their parts if the tools cost more than the parts.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

If you have no further questions please complete the rating

Thank you

Sorry this was posted to the wrong question, I will OPT OUT

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I prefer typing. I'm deaf, so I can't really chat on the phone. All I need is to move the timing belt cover to the right a half inch. Can I do that by removing the large screw without screwing things up?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The previous tech has opted out. Would you like me to help?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician