Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, Ford, Chrysler, nissan, mazda...30 years. ASE Master, troubleshooter
2947720

IT IS BLOWING COOLANT OUT THE DEGAS BOTTLE WHEN UNDER HEAVY

Customer Question

IT IS BLOWING COOLANT OUT THE DEGAS BOTTLE WHEN UNDER HEAVY LOAD
JA: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 78000. SEEMS TO BE THE SAME. I HAVE TO KEEP PUTTING COOLANT IN
JA: What is the model of your '76000 Ford?
Customer: 2008 FORD F350 SUPER DUTY 6.4 DIESEL 4WD
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES OR DECIDE TO TAKE IT IN. I REPLACED THE UPPER RADIATOR HOSE AND VERTICAL EGR COOLER. BOTH WERE LEAKING. STILL NO CHANGE HEAVY LOAD OR HIGHWAY DRIVING COMES OUT THE CAP. ALSO REPLACED 16 LB CAP
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I BELIEVE IT IS BUILDING PRESSURE AND SPEWING OUT CAP BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PROVE IT OR WHAT IS CAUSING IT. ONLY OVERHEATED ONE TIME. PULLED OVER ADDED COOLANT TEMP WENT DOWN
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

It sounds like the pressure is going too high.

However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.)

.

The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases. You will want to get the fluid that is for the diesel engines.

.

Block tester available is:

Napa BK.(###) ###-####/p>

OEM/Block Tester AUTOZONE

Part Number:
27145

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search

.

*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures***

..

.

If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust.

If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.