AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

1999 ford escort zx2 hot model - when you change out the

Customer Question

1999 ford escort zx2 hot model - when you change out the crankshaft breather tube hose do you put a clamp on the elbow in the back where it connects under the intake?
JA: Are you fixing your Escort ZX2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the question I asked is what I need to know - there wasn't a clamp on the old one but the old elbow was collapsed and had a hole in it - when I replaced it I didn't put a clamp on it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: was idling poorly and quitting at stop signs and red lights some times but started right back up - runs good but not getting very good gas mileage - check engine light is on
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: light stays on
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. No, a clamp should not be around any crankcase breather tube provided the correct parts are installed and they are making a good tight fit.