Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

It turns over but wont start. Started having this problem

Customer Question
two weeks ago last night...
It turns over but wont start. Started having this problem two weeks ago last night I went to the store then it would not start up. then came back and it started right up
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yes I have not really corroded
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1996 ford f-150 v8 5.0l
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i replaced the spark plugs, i bought a new fuel filter.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I replaced the front fuel tank fuel pump last month
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/22/2016
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Is the check engine light on?

Have you had it scanned for codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No check engine light is not on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No codes

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Have you checked fuel pressure when the problem is happening?

The ignition module inside the distributor is a common problem as well for this.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks

Dan, ASE Certified Technician