Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My car want idle and batterylight stays on, New alternator N

Customer Question

Hi my car want idle and batterylight stays on
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: New alternator N battery tested fine
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 07 mustang 4.0 6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaning air flow intake and sensors
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im David. The battery light is on for one reason only. its telling you there is a problem with the alternator or alternator wiring. First if you can get the car to start, check the voltage at the alternators terminal. if its working correctly it will show no less than 14.4 volts dc. also check the cable connections at the battery for corrosion and looseness. you may also want to check the cable connections to the starter for corrosion and looseness.

here are some fuses and fusible links to look at also

do you still need assistance?

hello??????

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The tech which was helping has opted out. Would you like me to help with this possible low idle from throttle body issue that can effect the charging system?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.