Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Had timing chain slap on start. Replaced chain, tensioner,

Customer Question

Had timing chain slap on start. Replaced chain, tensioner, etc. Still the same noise
JA: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately? What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 102,000
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: Tbird 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I paid a mechanic already. Still have chain slap. He says oil; pomp check valve leaks. Total BS.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you still getting the same noise then you have to have an issue with either the oil pressure or the tensioners are not tightening the chain. Has the mechanic checked the engine oil pressure ? If the oil pressure checks okay then there has to be something wrong with his install and he needs to go back inn and recheck his work.