Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have 2014 ford Taurus been setting for a year and wont

Customer Question
hi I have 2014 ford...
hi I have 2014 ford Taurus been setting for a year and wont start .I put a new battery but the car wont even crank
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/11/2016
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you see a security light or theft light flashing on the gauge cluster or staying on steady after you try and start the car then when it does not start just let go of the key (without turning it back any)?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ITS A PUSH TO START

O.k.,do you see a security or theft light after you try and push the button to start the engine and does it stay on steady or flash at all?

O.k.,what happened is your vehicles security system had engaged since it sat and the battery was replaced.This causes a no start issue until the security system is relearned on this model here.Unfortunately on this model there is no relearn that can be done manually.You can try to lock and unlock the doors with the key or remote and then try and start the vehicle again and see if this works but usually it has to be taken to a dealer to have the theft system reprogrammed.This is a feature to keep theives from stealing your vehicle and unfortunately when battery voltage is lost the relearn has to be done by their computer plugged into your model.I know they can charge anywhere from a half hour to an hours labor to relearn the security system.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician