Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I'll just have a wrench light indicator that comes on

Customer Question
periodically every now and then...
I'll just have a wrench light indicator that comes on periodically every now and then I was just wondering what that was
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No I don't know what that is
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I would like to fix it myself what do I do
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of right now
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/11/2016
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you
today.
Before we get started though, Please understand that I don't know
your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that
I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does NOT replace a
repair shop.
My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for
my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you
didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

That's just a service reminder light that tells you when you need one of the services in your manual. It doesn't mean anything is wrong. Any quality shop can do what service it's requiring and then turn out the light.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor