Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Well my 2006 Ford Fusion SEL is having troubles starting. I

Customer Question
Hello! JA: Hi. What is your...
Hello!
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Well my 2006 Ford Fusion SEL is having troubles starting. I have replaced the fuel pump, and spark plugs, this past winter, and now it's having the same issues again - turn the car on, go to start it, it turns over but doesn't start for 6-7 seconds and sometimes not at all, until the second try.
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: As stated above, fuel pump and spark plugs have been replaced
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't really care how it gets fixed as long as there's a solution.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have replaced the fuel pump and the spark plugs, had a mechanic look it over thoroughly, and came up with nothing wrong.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/11/2016
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you
today.
Before we get started though, Please understand that I don't know
your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that
I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does NOT replace a
repair shop.
My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for
my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you
didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

We still need to test the fuel pressure again with a gauge to see if the pump is defective. I'm sure your plugs are fine, but we do need to check for spark at he plugs too with a spark tester. ALL these tests need to be performed at the time of the problem or they will all show good if it's running fine st the time.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor