Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Traction control,wrench and check engine light came on while

Customer Question

traction control,wrench and check engine light came on while I was driving ,car was running rough. I had to slow down to make it home. After I cut it off car will not start. It makes a sound when I try to start it . What could be the problem ? Its a 2005 ford 500,3.6 engine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Any time the check engine light as well as the wrench light come on this means the computer has detected a fault and set a fault code and or codes. In order to know what has failed you are going to need to start with having the system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that have set. If you can get this done and post back with them I will help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can this be done without the the engine running ?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Yes it can be done with the key on and the engine off, your scan tool will read any fault codes as long as the key is in the run position.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks I will do this when I get off work and get back with you.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Sure thing, post back when your ready and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is the only code I could pull up using an OBD II reader : A5 1B DA 64.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

This is not a valid Ford code . How was this code retrieved?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I used an OBDII reader and followed the steps. It said that there were no codes stored,and this was all I could come up with.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If the check engine light is coming on as well as the wrench and traction light then there have to be fault codes. The are 4 digit code start with a P or a B. The problem my be with your scan tool .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will check it out and get back with you.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay please do.