Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Won't turn over no sound at all battery OK alternator OK,

Customer Question
Won't turn over no sound...
Won't turn over no sound at all battery OK alternator OK
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Had the battery tested at auto zone
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004taurus
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Getting ready to check fuses,had the alternator checked,it did this before but then ran good 6months had it started yesterday but it died about five or six mins later
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The clock was off eight hours but the batt was off one and a half
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/10/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, when you turn the key to on does the dash light up like normal or is it the panel dead? Horn and headlights work? Does the red THEFT lamp flash fast when the key is turned to on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Panel deadheadlights work the red theft light flashes always horn works

Ok so the dash doesnt light up so it never sees the key on, did you recently have any work done or replace a battery and now this concern occurred? You tested all fuses in the underhood and interior fuse panel?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Getting ready to check fuses under dash

Check both under dash and the under hood panel, as well. Check the main fuse along side the positive battery terminal connection at the fuse panel. a cable runs from the battery to the side of the fuse panel with a cover that pops up.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans