How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Your Own Question
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 35501
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Ron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any way to seal a crack in the thermostat housing

Customer Question

Is there any way to seal a crack in the thermostat housing of a 1998 Ford Crown Victoria without replacing the entire manifold
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern. Depending on where the leak is and how big it is you may be able to seal it for a while buy cleaning the area up real well and then taking some JB weld and apply a librial amount to the crack and giving it 24 hours to dry before you refill the cooling system. That being said these manifold are famous for leaking due to the poor plactic design and if you are able to fix the leak it will be temporary at best and at some point your going to need to replace the manifold. The new intake have been updated and reinforced with a new metal design and do not have this problem. If you decide to replace the intake manifold I can send you the steps to do so as well. Let me know.