Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Is there any way to seal a crack in the thermostat housing

Customer Question
of a 1998 Ford Crown...
Is there any way to seal a crack in the thermostat housing of a 1998 Ford Crown Victoria without replacing the entire manifold
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/8/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern. Depending on where the leak is and how big it is you may be able to seal it for a while buy cleaning the area up real well and then taking some JB weld and apply a librial amount to the crack and giving it 24 hours to dry before you refill the cooling system. That being said these manifold are famous for leaking due to the poor plactic design and if you are able to fix the leak it will be temporary at best and at some point your going to need to replace the manifold. The new intake have been updated and reinforced with a new metal design and do not have this problem. If you decide to replace the intake manifold I can send you the steps to do so as well. Let me know.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician