Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2006 Ford F450 with 6.0. I was driving around 70

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Ford F450 with 6.0. I was driving around 70 mph and the wrench came up on the dash display and the truck power was reduced. I wasn't able to drive over 55 mph. If I restart the truck it will clear but it appears again every so often.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: The past 2 days
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: 2006 Ford f450 super duty
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's all for now
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you have the ability to scan it to see which code it stores?

When this happens is there exhaust smoke?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not showing a code and there is no exhaust smoke

Are you running a power programmer on your vehicle? I ask because they can make the computer forget trouble codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No programmer

Since there are no codes stored but a warning light is on, this means the PCM is the most likely failure in this case. Other possible causes would be:

• EGR cooler or oil cooler restricted
  • Turbo vanes sticking
  • Coolant temp.

You may want to duplicate this and scan it prior to shitting it off while the light is still on.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris