Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

65 Ford galaxie 500 needs a rear seal, leaking trans fluid.

Customer Question
Mechanic said it need a...
65 Ford galaxie 500 needs a rear seal, leaking trans fluid. Mechanic said it need a trans pump....not so sure....
JA: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?
Customer: Perfect pink no smell hard to see where as it pretty wet under there
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 65 Ford Galaxy 500
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 1965
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ita at a trans shop now but the estimate see,s high
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Was taking 1 litre of fluid every fill up
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/5/2016
Ford Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, just to clarify the rear transmission seal is leaking but they want to pull the transmission and replace the pump as well?

Was it shifting properly even with the leak?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yea the guy said it was coming out pretty quick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I mean we drive it 600 miles after it had been sitting for years. Drove like a dream. I just kept filling the fluid when we filled gas. All highway driving
Ron, ASE Certified Technician