Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I retrofitted aftermarket HID headlights to a 2013 Ford edge

Customer Question

I retrofitted aftermarket HID headlights to a 2013 Ford edge last year which has been working fine until the other day. Suddenly my auto-on headlights stopped turning on the headlights one day and then the next day manually turning on the headlights doesn't turn on the headlights at now. The parking lights and taillights come on but not the headlights. Any ideas of what I should check for to fix this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Are you able to do wire testing with a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one but don't have much working knowledge of how to use it. Do I need to be measuring resistance on something?

With the meter on DC volts, ground the black probe and touch the red probe to fuses 16-17-39 behind the left side of the dash. Do these fuses have power on both sides.

If you unplug the drivers side headlight does the brown/blue wire have power on low beam? Does the gray/brown have power on high beam? Using OHM to ground do both black/green wires have no resistance 0.0 reading to ground?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to use my volt meter to check that, either the new battery doesn't work or there's a problem with volt meter as it is not turning on. I'll try to get to it this week and give your further feedback if that's possible?

Thats fine the post does not close till the 10th.