Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2002 Ford Thunderbird vin 1FAHP60A72Y124562 no cooling.

Customer Question

2002 Ford Thunderbird vin 1FAHP60A72Y124562 no cooling. Compressor will not engage. I can by pass ac relay to pin 5 and engage compressor and the pressures are good. Self diagnostics read 1947 evaporator discharge sensor. Diagram on locations is not correct and Ford dealership says it is located at the evaporator core. Book time to replace is .03 so something is wrong! Apparently, this problems has not occurred at the dealership in Lakeland, Fl because I had to convince them that if there was a code 1947 there must be a part. Where is it and how to repair this problem
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ben and thank you for your question,

Have a look at the Factory Ford replacement steps in the link below. I think this is the sensor your looking to replace.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Temp%20sensor%20Aug%203.pdf