Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

No power and hard to start. DTCs P0603 and1211. Consistent,

Customer Question

No power and hard to start. DTCs P0603 and1211.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Sorry duh, 2002 f-250 7.3
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to do it myself, just put on new heads, head gaskets , bolts. All 6 turbo boots.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When trying to start it. it will turn over for quite a while, once I see the oil pressure gauge go up it will start. revs up fine but very little power once it's in gear.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you run a power programmer on your truck?

Will your scan tool show the ICP pressure while cranking?

Does it smoke during this power loss?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My scanner does not show the ICP pressure while cranking, I do have a oil pressure gauge in the truck and know that the truck will crank until the gauge shows pressure then it will start. No smoke just acts like it is starving for fuel.

This looks to be a weak high pressure oil pump or internal leak at the oil rail under the valve cover or there is a concern with the oil bleeding down out of the high pressure oil reservoir. Prior to starting, remove the oil pressure sensor from the reservoir on the top front center of the engine. If the oil is more than an inch below the sensor, then your high pressure oil pump should be replaced.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris