Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Where is the valet switch in a 1998 Ford Expedition? My

Customer Question

Where is the valet switch in a 1998 Ford Expedition ? My remote got wet and the alarm is on all the time now and can't drive the car
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The battery and fuses are fine. The remote got wet and the alarm is on
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It is a viper alarm with a viper fog model 7752
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Since this is not a Ford mounted system that means the person whom installed it could of mounted the parts of this system where ever they chose. Normally I find they mount it below the drivers side of the dash at the bottom edge of the trim below the steering column in front of your shins.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris