Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Have a 5r55w that the wiring has been meseed up on

Customer Question

Have a 5r55w that the wiring has been meseed up on transmission shift solenoid block I ordered a new harness but color on wires are different need help
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No leaking it's a 2007 mountaineer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to replace harness for shift solenoid block
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

This should be a 5R55S transmission. The links below should provide everything you need for the original wire colors and connector pinouts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4m80honiypspgz/5R55.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8wl2g97qclm0p6/5R552.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqcs5621ti6x2hq/5R553.pdf?dl=0

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Got everything wired up and filled but it won't move and before it just wouldn't shift out of 1st gear is there a relearn procesure
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Procedure

No there is no relearn. It doesn't even need electronics to engage. Forward and reverse is mechanical/hydraulic.

Does it try to move or just act like neutral? Any lights overdrive flashing or check engine light on? Did you have the pan off or anything else?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Replaced shift solenoid assy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Acts like it's in neutral and indicator on dash says neutral all the time

Did you have to move harness connector pin terminals in the range sensor connector and PCM connector?

Do the reverse lights work? You did not remove the valve body or filter correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Replaced filter

Each post you answer one question when I ask 3 or 4.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Reverse lights work no engine light or od light I never moved any pins just wired that harness up the way the diagram said to
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The tech which was helping has opted out, would you like my help with this non electrical internal issue with the transmission?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's at the shop now

Do you need any more assistance from me on this concern or are you pleased with my help?