Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2000ford ranger 4x4 needs exhaust system hearing

Customer Question
some unbelievable prices any ideas...
I have a 2000ford ranger 4x4 needs exhaust system hearing some unbelievable prices any ideas thank you Jack
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

First, I need the engine size.

Then I need to know if this is California emissions or not

Then I need to know what needs to be replace:

exhaust pipe and muffler, catalytic converter, exhaust manifolds

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Eric engine size 6 cylander, california emissions,everything needs to be replaced Jack

HI,

I will need to opt out as I am not able to find all the exhaust needed for California emissions to get you a good price on them. If another expert can help, they will post in here to you

Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

do you still need help??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Roy I do Jack

ok can you be more specific so I can be accurate???

manifolds back???

Roy

Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you
today.
Before we get started though, Please understand that I don't know
your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that
I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does NOT replace a
repair shop.
My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for
my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you
didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

I believe you were very specific, so here is a link below for you to find and price everything you need. Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks, Ron

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

I just added another source for you to check out, this one has several links too for different manufacturers of exhaust systems, just insert what you want.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm looking at whats the best way I can get the best price to have this done and still pass inspection in New York state I'm not a mechanic so I don,t know whats a back maniflod I want to be able to go to a local garage and know a little what he's talking about I have a price from a muffler place I/ll tell you later why I'm looking around I can't believe the price for a 2000 truck Jack thank you

I cannot give you any info without you giving me info. I am not there. you want a price but will not tell me specifics. I need the estimate from the shop and the parts needed. if you will not provide that then I cannot help you

Roy

Hi Jack, was there anything else you need from me? I though I gave you some very good sites to visit to get your prices from. I apologize for Roy's being upset. This is why I provided you with the proper sites to get exactly what you need. Let me know, and please remember to rate me for my time:)

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor