Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2006 f-450, gauges 't work ,radio and heat and air do, ck

Customer Question
2006 f-450, gauges don't work...
2006 f-450, gauges don't work ,radio and heat and air do, ck all fuses and relays, and plugs on back side of gauge cluster ??
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 94000, starts fine
JA: What is the model of your '92000 Ford?
Customer: F-450
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes , have power to all fuses and relays
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It has been doing it on and off for the last month or so, now its dead
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/26/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
James, Ford Technician

Hello, This is usually always a failure inside the cluster from a bad capacitor. If you have the cluster apart you can plug in just the circuit board of the cluster and begin to touch items on the circuit board and eventually it will come one and you will be able to isolate what component is the issue so you can fix it.

James, Ford Technician