Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2000 ford 4wheel drive f-150 pickup with brake

Customer Question

I have a 2000 ford 4wheel drive f-150 pickup with brake problems the brakes act as if there is air in the lines I have found no leaks in the system have no lost fluid and the inside of the wheels are clean the brakes seem to work better at low speed pumping seems to increase the brake pressure but then the next /final pimp to completely stop can either work or the brake pedal can go to the floor a friend told me that I have a vaccum pro
blem please help 1) is the vaccum system involved with the brake system ? 2)where is it routed and connected if it is ? 3) what do you suggest and what would you look for 1st ? Thank you for your time and expertise JD
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The brake booster is what is on the vacuum system for the brakes. At anythime does the brake pedal feel hard? If the key is off and you press the pedal, does it go to the floor or does it stay hard?

Were the brakes worked on prior to this or it just started on its own?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy