Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Code P0113, P0113 AIT circuit gh input, 2000 ford explorer

Customer Question

Code P0113
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P0113 AIT circuit high input
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2000 ford explorer limited 4.0 SOHC
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Failed emission tests so I was going to replace it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: EVAP control system too high input Code P0453 P0155 O2 bank 2 sensor 1 and P0306 Cyl 6 misfire
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Normally the sensor is dirty or to blame for this code. the IAT is built into the MAF sensor. The MAF is in the hose between the throttle body and air filter.

Here is simplified diag. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/IAT.png

Here is Ford diag.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/0113.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/P0113.pdf

Doing the diag will confirm your doing the correct repair.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris