Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 2010 F150 won't start. It cranks but won't start. This

Customer Question
My 2010 F150 won't start...
My 2010 F150 won't start. It cranks but won't start. This has happened 3 times and I've taken it to the mechanic and they can't find a problem. They even replaced a fuel pump which cost $800
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: my mechanic has checked the fuel supply thoroughly
JA: What is the model of your '10 Ford?
Customer: F150 Super Cab
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced fuel pump, battery cables, cleaned fuel injectors
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/19/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, you think it is a fuel system issue bu having the fuel pump replaced? Has it been checked for codes with a scan tool, no codes stored? The THEFT Pats system appears to be working ok?

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 year ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

See the Ford TSB below to fix your problem. The fuse is for the fuel pump circuit. The TSB is to show how to relocate it to a different location in the fuse box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. It appears where the wires plug into the fuel pump was loose. We tightened them and so far so good. Thank you for the follow up.

Your very welcome. Thank you for the update. Glad you fund the problem. Please let me know if you need any more help.

A. Penland
A. Penland