Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Vehicle acts like it want to shut down when I come too a

Customer Question
vehical acts like it want...
vehical acts like it want to shut down when I come too a stop
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 f150xl regular body
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I have had intake plenum gaskets replace years ago I have change spark plugs,coil pack and wires
JA: What size is your engine? Have you checked the wires?
Customer: 4.2l the wires that were put in were bosch maybe a couple of years ago
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no it blows smoke when I crank it up in the morning for a very short moment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/19/2016
Ford Mechanic: Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That could be an idle air control problem or just dirt in the air passages in the throttle body.

……..

However,

You will want to do a throttle body cleaning on it to make sure that all of the idle air passages are clear of any carbon build up.

.

You can pick up a can of “throttle body cleaner” just about anywhere auto parts are sold.

.

You can normally follow the directions on the can but I always spray some in the intake while the throttle plate is closed to be sure that it gets into all of the passages. You don’t want to use carb cleaner though, as it’s not safe for the 02 sensors.

..

Also, you want to be sure that there are no vacuum leaks and that the intake air hose is on good and free of any cracks.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic