Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

99 Ranger extended cab 3.0 4x4 turn signal not functioning

Customer Question
but hazards work have...
99 Ranger extended cab 3.0 4x4 turn signal not functioning but hazards work have replaced the turn signal lever and unit but still not working
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yes 3 10 and 21 are all ok
JA: What year is your Ranger?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, replaced the turn signal unit
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

If the fuses are good and the switch is news it is most likely the flasher unit. However, there is a pinpoint test that can be done to be sure.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the pinpoint test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic