Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My new 150 had a dead battery this morning (I assume I left

Customer Question

my new 150 had a dead battery this morning (I assume I left a light on or something overnight). While trying to charge the battery, it is making an unusual noise (not clicking, but something toward the front of the truck that sounds like buzzing). I disconnected the charger, and then tried a different one-- with the same noise happening after a couple of minutes. Any ideas on what might be causing the issue?
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: It is a 5 month old truck, and the battery is dead (zero per charger "check battery" feature)
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2016 150
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just two types of battery chargers, as well as different placement of the negative cable for each
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, don't think so
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello,can you see the component that is clicking or making the noise?