Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2008 ford f350 5.4 replaced drivers door latch now the

Customer Question
2008 ford f350 5.4 replaced...
2008 ford f350 5.4 replaced drivers door latch now the security light is blinking fast and no crank or start pats sytem I guess any way to reset
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/14/2016
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Disconnect the positive and negative terminals, (take off negative first, positive second) both battery terminals, take the off the battery, and touch them together for a good 30 seconds away from the battery, then reinstall the terminals, (Install positive first, negative second), Then, lock and unlock the drivers door a few times with the key. Let me know if that resets the PATS system. thanks.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician