Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Replaced drivers seat belt pretensioner and still have fault

Customer Question
code 2292-30-od JA: Which belt are...
replaced drivers seat belt pretensioner and still have fault code 2292-30-od
JA: Which belt are you dealing with? And have you changed one before?
Customer: drivers front belt and yes I have changed them before
JA: What is the model of your '292 Ford?
Customer: 2008 ford escape hybrid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/14/2016
Ford Mechanic: cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
cardoctor74
cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician

Ok how bad of an accident was the vehicle in and was this all one at the dealer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
drivers steering wheel bag was blown, bag was replaced and new ford clock spring installed. Also drivers front seat belt pretensioner was replaced with new ford seat belt pretensioner but still reading out fault code 2292-30-od, which is pretensioner circuit open, front drivers side.

Ok if those all deployed then the issue is the sis control unit is bad and needs to be replaced anytime the system deploys the srs control unit fails and needs to be replace and programmed or you will never get the light out or codes cleared.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I forgot to tell you that the srs control unit was replaced and reprogrammed but the light is still on. As stated earlier the fault code is 2292-30-od which is the seat belt pretensioner circuit is open, front drivers side. I don't know why it is giving this fault code when the seat belt pretensioner was replaced with a new one from ford. maybe the new one is bad?

Its possible but make sure the spring connector is all the way locked sometimes they don't lock. Its possible the buckle is bad as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
buckle reads out ok and the connector is locked

HAve you tried another dealer part itdoes sound like you possibly got a bad part which does happen.Also its very important the battery is fully charged as you know low voltage can cause this as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took a good seat belt pretensioner out of another escape that we have and I know it is good and it is still reading out the same. The battery if fully charged. What does "pretensioner circuit open mean?" I know it is something simple.

Most common is a loose spring plug believe it or not or the occupant detection module can be bad. I would check all connections disconnect the battery and try reinitializing the system and see if the system clears.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried all of that and still the same results, any chance it could be the air bag module. I know it was sent off and reset but could something else be wrong with it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the plug to the pretensioner is ok- I've even taken it apart and replaced with another plug. again it is the driver front pretensioner circuit is open. as I asked earlier any chance it could be the air bag module. I know it was sent off and reset but could something else be wrong with it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Again, the plug to the pretensioner is ok- I've even taken it apart and replaced with another plug. again it is the driver front pretensioner circuit is open. as I asked earlier any chance it could be the air bag module. I know it was sent off and reset but could something else be wrong with it?
cardoctor74
cardoctor74
cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician