Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

A 2000 windstorm battery went bad overnight. Hadn't run in a

Customer Question

A 2000 windstorm battery went bad overnight. Hadn't run in a while jumped it ran for a day. Next day battery. Replaced new. Pats like hhh t flashing no fuel no start. Will run with fuel in intake. Tried resets battery unplug for days no go
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: Battery now new, days after first problem
JA: What is the model of your '00 Ford?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced battery. Tried multiple. Fuses.. fuel relays. Cables off battery resets.gesrshift back the forth
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I did after all that using original keys try,key forward the 15 min then 15 min then again didn't reset
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

It sounds like the security system has engaged.What has to be done from here is a dealers scan tool or shops scan tool with programming capabilities needs plugged into your model to relearn the theft system.This usually takes less then an hour to do.Unfortunately I do not see a manual procedure myself on reprogramming this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unsure of a rating tech sent me to a garage.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately there isnt a way to manually reprogram the theft system,it usually needs done by a garage or dealer.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete