HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Coolant fans not working, rad new fans wont come on, 2010

Customer Question

coolant fans not working
JA: Have you inspected the hoses? Have you checked the radiator fluid?
Customer: rad new fans wont come on
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 ford connect
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses under dash 15 amp blown and replaced resister in fan shroud
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: new rad and full of coolant
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, which 15 amp fuse was blown, for the fan? If you turn on the ac the fans dont come on? If you jump power and ground to the fan do they operate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
jumped power to left fan and it came on 15amp was under dash not sure what it was for
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont have fues locations or wiring
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

give me a minute to pull the schematic

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok im not sure why you replaced the fan resistor, was it damaged? Here is the cooling fan schematic, it uses two fuses in the underhood fuse panel. Ill attach the fuse panel in a moment. Check these two fuses, make sure they are working, if the fuses are good, if both fans operate when jumped, the fans should be ok, either an issue with the cooling fan relays or a pcm fault since the pcm grounds the relay. A scan tool would be needed to pull codes and check cooling fan operation by active commanding them on.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Fuse panel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where are the fues in under hood panel also the relay . i dont have a scan tool to cammand them on i know they worked fine 2 weeks ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant read fues diagram comes up to small
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

3 fuses, F14 10 amp, F16 30 amp, F17 50 amp, you cant read the schematic or the fuse panel? I can read them on my end.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are they labled in fues pannel cover
where would the relay be
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

As shown, in the fuse panel.Second attachment shows the whole fuse panel under the hood. the inside of the fuse panel might be labeled/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can read schematic fues panel i would need a magnifing glas which i dont thats how small it looks
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

If you save the picture to your computer under pictures, you can review and blow up the photo of the diagram.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will check fuse tomorrow and get back to you ok
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello?