HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2005 ford explorer xls. 3 days ago I stopped gas

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford explorer xls. 3 days ago I stopped for a gas fill, shut off the car. When the fill was finished I tried to start the engine and had no lights in cluster and starter motor. The battery had corrosion on the terminals so I got a "jump" and it started right up. Everything seemed to work. Upon moving I saw a warning in the info display that said advantage trac off. I was able to clear the display and drove home. I serviced the battery and it started OK. However, the warning came back and now have the anti skid light on in the cluster. I have to reset the info center every time I start the engine. I have done a OBI 2 scan and there are no codes found. What should be my next step. Car drives OK but wife is freaked out and will not use it.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Yes and did two reads and it shows no codes found.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am thinking wheel sensor, but I don't know which one to check. Am hoping it is just dirty. Everything worked until the car failed to start.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, hope I was able to describe the problem clearly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, most code readers only read the engine control computer. The Advance trac is part of the anitlock brake system. Being that the system lost voltage, it might have a battery voltage code that manually needs cleared. But you wont know for sure unless you get a scan tool that can communicate with the ABS system to see what code(s) are stored. It could be a wheel speed sensor or an issue with the brake pressure switch on the master cylinder.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.