Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Overheated. Now next day is obviously cooled down. Wii

Customer Question
Overheated. Now next day...
Overheated. Now next day is obviously cooled down. Wii start, idle but no accelerate
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: It appears full now
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2013 escape
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I'm hoping needs a fail safe type reset
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Only that I need my transportation today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/9/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Your vehicle is in limp mode from the overheating. If it is driveable, go to autozone and have the codes pulled and reset so the vehicle will come out of limp mode and be driveable again.

Why did it overheat? If that isn;t corrected, it will put the vehicle back into limp mode. Examples are if the fan is bad, it will limp mode the engine until the fan is replaced. That mey not be why it overheated, but that is an example of what will keep the vehicle in limp mode.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Do you still need assistance with this?

What do you want me to do with this post?

Jeremy
Jeremy