Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My right side headlights are not working. The bulb is fine

Customer Question

My right side headlights are not working. The bulb is fine and works on left. The fuse for the right side is good. What could be the cause?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

To diagnose this you will need a volt meter and will need to do some tests. Do you have a test light or meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Voltmeter
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Start with checking for voltage at the right side headlight connector, and check the left to compare.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where am I checking this
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

At the bulb connectors to chassis ground.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Also check for voltage on the fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both the high beam and low beam on right are not working but the fog light and markers work.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I see, start at the connectors for high and low beams for voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are the connectors? The connection on the bulb?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I give up and will take it to the Ford garage!
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Yes the fusion headlights are not easy to get at. Sorry I could not help you more.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan