Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2000 Ford Taurus, ohv engine, I took off my oil pan and put

Customer Question
the bolts in order but...
2000 Ford Taurus, ohv engine, I took off my oil pan and put the bolts in order but since i didn't put it back on right away the bolts got kicked and now the bolts aren't in order, there's two that are longer and i was wondering if you could tell me where to put them. Thanks Gene
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/8/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, is this the dual overhead 24 valve cam engine or the 12 valve engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know, all I know it's an overhead valve engine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I find what valve count it is

If it was a dual overhead cam engine it would say it on the body and a 24 valve emblem on the front fender. If you post the 17 digit VIN I can check

Is the 8th digit of the vin number an S, U or a 2?

Hello? There are different oil pans, based on the type of engine

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

On the 24 valve engine the longer bolts connect the pan to the transaxle.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a confirmation that my help assisted you, or the post times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician