Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

New compressor blowing hot air has been recharged, am doing

Customer Question
new compressor blowing hot air...
new compressor blowing hot air has been recharged
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: am doing that now but dont hear compressor come on
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 ford focus
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes hoping some thing i missed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/8/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

When this was done, was there other items done like the orifice tube and the accumulator? If not, replace them. It will hold the warranty on the compressor and it will also make the system perform better.

Do you have manifold gauges? What are your pressures?

You mentioned you might have mised a step. I will list the steps in case.

1) Recover refrigerant

2) Remove old compressor

3) If compressor sent metal in the system, replace condensor

4) Remove orifice tube/expansion valve and accumulator then flush the lines with A/C solvent

5) Replace o-rings and put compressor back on.

6) Replace orings and replace orifice tube, install accumulator last

7) Vacuum system for 1 hour

8) let vacuum test idel for 10 minutes and see if there is vacuum loss indicating leak

9) Charge system to spec with proper oil added via the A/C machine

10) Start vehicle and monitor pressures to make sure the system is operating normally and the engine fan is engaging properly.

If you did those steps, see what the pressures are to make sure the system isn't showing sings of being low or overcharged. If you are good here, then check the voltage going to the pressure switches and then check for power going to the A/C clutch and ground. Be sure ti check the fuses ads well just to make sure one didn;t ground out from the old compressor going bad since there was no mention of how it failed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Jeremy
Jeremy