Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2003 ford f350 4x4 diesel.i have no power to my

Customer Question
esof.i replaced everyhting from gen...
i have a 2003 ford f350 4x4 diesel.i have no power to my esof.i replaced everyhting from gen to shift motor all relays and all fuses good. but only have power to the lite in the esof. no other wires are hot.so which wire going to the esof should be hot?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/8/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

When you replaced these items, did you program them back on the truck? If the programming isn;t set on the GEM, it will not send power to the 4x4 module. It will act as if the truck is a non*****vehicle. Rule that out first for it will save a lot of headache and wire chasing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All was done, all I want to know is which wire is the hot feed so I can trace it back to the fuse block. Ok? Thank you

Sure, I can provide that.

I sent the offer for the diagrams. There are 6 total for the ESOF system.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't need another diagra please, what color ? Blue and white , med blue , or lite blue? Thanks

I will opt out.

Have a good day.

Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, let me ask a few questions. The 4x4 control module controls the transfer case shift motor, im not sure what you mean you you say you replaced the GEN. You also replaced the 4x4 control module? Will the 4x4 lights come on when the key it turned to on and start and go off(prove out like the other warning lamps)? Do you hear the transfer case engage into 4x4 high or low? Do the indicator lamps indicate a 4x4 engagement?

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing happens,no lite on dash ,no shift motor movement.nothing. the only power i have coming to the esof is for the lite in it.the relays for the vacuum pump are good and do actuate the vacuum pump all the fuses are good checked on each side with a test lite. i dont know what else to check. the rest of the options in the truck work perfectly.I was told its possibly the fuse box but i am tired of throwing parts at it.this is exactly what it did before i changed the shift control motor and the gem .I have made no real progress. i had it to a local ford dealer and they tried throwing parts to.and nothing helped..Thats why if i seem a bit discusted ,,its because i really am .thanks,Pat
HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans