Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My cargo lamps wont work on 2010 super duty

Customer Question
my cargo lamps wont work...
my cargo lamps wont work on 2010 superduty
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/8/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

return it to Ford for they have the job warnatied and will repair fro free. It is better than ripping back into it to find the issue.

Is there a note on the invoice that they programmed the truck and the body module? Did they put the revision number on there? This sounds like they skipped a step when they did the repair or there is a loose wire that they didn't address. Either way, it is now warranty covered for the comeback repair on it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The cargo lamp is working some of the time. Some one else told me it was the sjb module,so I unplugged one of the wire harnesses off of it and plugged it back in, then the cargo light works part of the time. If the cargo light quits working ,I just unplug that harness again and it starts working again. Is the sjb bad or do you think it's a wire harness issue?

It sounds like the junction box. If you can wiggle the wires at the plug and the wires are good, then replace the bulb. The junction box can see a issue with the resistance in the bulb at the socket and will shut the circuit down. So do that first and if the issue continues, scan the junction box to see if it is showing a lighting code. If no code, then the junction box itself is acting up.

Most times it is the bulb or the socket for it.

Jeremy
Jeremy