Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Diesel will only start with starter fluid cold or hot. 1990

Customer Question
Diesel will only start with...
Diesel will only start with starter fluid cold or hot.
JA: What size is your engine?
Customer: 1990 ford 7.3 idi
JA: What is the model of your '90 Ford?
Customer: F350
JA: Huh?
Customer: Diesel 7.3
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New glow plugs. New injectors,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: But the glow plug relay isn't clicking as it should.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/8/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Have you tested the glow plug relay to rule it out? If not, I would test it since it is the most common on these engines for the issue you have followed by injector seals being worn, which you took care of when you replaced the injectors. The only other thing is air getting in the fuel lines which will need the fuel lines all checked for leaking.

CLICK HERE on how to test the glow plug relay done by a associate of mine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Jeremy
Jeremy