Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Blower motor works on gh only? 135 k. Automatic, 07 fx4,

Customer Question

Blower motor works on high only ?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 135 k. Automatic
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 07 fx4
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet it kid quit yesterday
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Like to fix myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

When the blower motor will only work on the highest setting, this is the tell-tale sign of a faulty Blower Motor Resistor. The resistor is accessed from under the passenger's side dash. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the resistor will solve the problem. Unplug the electrical connector and remove the 2 mounting screws to remove. For an image location view, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/37lb53i6q7rxntj/f150-res.jpg?dl=0

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again! Ron Z here...
I am contacting you because the post has not been closed and is still unrated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help, as you have not left a rating.
Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help? Did you have any other questions? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to rate, please take a few seconds and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A. Rating our Q&A does not cost you extra!
Thank-you!