Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2000 Lincoln Navi gator, is this a real person? ok, got back

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2000 Lincoln Navi
gator
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: is this a real person?
JA: I'm the Ford Mechanic's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: ok
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: got back from a trip, left my car to a friend so not quite sure what happened during the last few weeks but my break pedal goes all the way to the floor and barely stops the car, however the brake fluid is full and i see no apparent leak
JA: How old are your brakes? When was the brake fluid last changed?
Customer: i own the car 2.5 years and never replaced it since
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

From what you are describing here, this is either a leak in the system or a possible faulty master cylinder. First, make absolutely sure there are no leaks. Even though there are no apparent leaks, this could be a small crack in a line and it's just seaping out rather than a major leak. Check the under side of the vehicle for any signs of wetness. Follow the lines up from the rear and along the frame. If this vehicle has drum brakes in the rear, check the insides of the rear tires for "streaks". If this is present, the problem will be the wheel cylinders. If you are certain there are no leaks, the problem sounds like it will be the master cylinder. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.